Lord of the Flies | William Golding
- What happened isn’t AS bad as I thought… I guess?
- I started this book thinking one of the kids would get eaten. I don’t know why I thought that, but I was convinced.
- No one got eaten but like… they might as well have?
- I’m so disturbed.
- Characters: 5/5 – Yeesh. Like, some of these characters were the embodiment of evil, but they were really well written, so I can’t hate on them too much! Jack was just a disaster. Like, he devolved so quickly. Poor Ralph. Poor Piggie. Poor Simon. Just… ugh.
- Plot: 5/5 – This was fantastic. I absolutely hate what the children turned into but it was so realistic that I can’t really argue it. I guess some people would say that the plane arriving at the end is a bit of a deus ex machina, and like, sure, maybe, but honestly? Thank god for that, Jesus Christ.
- Setting: 5/5 – I suck at understanding settings but whatever, this one was good.
- Style/Voice: 5/5- “Sucks to your ass-mar!” British kids, man. Hilarious. So well written, such good trashy dialogue, and yet such poetry from time to time.
- Theme: 5/5 – Yep. This has been discussed enough that I don’t need to.
Overall Rating: 5.0/5.0